Sunday 15 January 2012

New year, new you...

With the festivities already a distant memory, the January blues have well and truly kicked in. And, like most people, resolutions have been made and already broken! But, unlike the majority of the country, I decided to quit the gym instead of join one, and have pledged to be more consistent in 2012. So, rather than exercising every day for three weeks and then not moving a muscle for three months, I've decided that consistency, rather than sporadic, one-off activities are the way forward this year! 

When my little digital camera finally bowed out on NYE, it was the motivation I needed to invest in a 'proper' camera. And, luckily I haven't needed to spend a penny! After a fleeting visit back to see the parents, my mum produced an old SLR camera, from what resembled a lost and found box, and informed me that it just needed a new set of batteries. So, no doubt I'll be getting snap happy and pointing my new gadget at everything and everyone (for the rest of January at least!)


And, when I've finally found time to put the camera away - I'll be picking up a guitar to finally get around to learning to play an instrument. I've made no secret of the fact that I wish I'd pushed myself to have some sort of musical skill when I was younger - and, at the ripe old age of 27, I've finally taken my first steps to achieve that goal! I can now confidently say, that I have mastered three whole chords! Watch this space to see how long it takes to perfect an actual song, or something that even resembles music!

No comments:

Post a Comment