Sunday 11 March 2012

Walk that walk...

Ready, set, go...



Three weeks into my training for the Moonwalk and I'm feeling pretty good about my progress so far. Kicking things off with a 5-mile hike around Great Cornard, taking in the local countryside with my dad for company and tracking our route as we went. Next, it was my mum that got roped into stomping over Friars meadows, all the way to Long Melford and back - which was a fantastic achievement - walking 10k in two hours, in the wind and rain. I'd rather have been watching One Tree Hill in my pyjamas, but I felt really proud of our efforts by the time we arrived back at number 89.



This week I haven't covered quite as much ground, but opted for a more scenic route instead. Making the trip to Clapham for an over-due catch up with my bessie, Charlotte - we decided to make the most of the glorious weather and headed for Battersea Park. After a couple of laps of the park, we were feeling peckish and headed for some pub grub and a refreshing shandy - not exactly diet food, but it certainly did the trick!

Next week I'm hoping to trek for around 8-10 miles - I wonder who will volunteer to be my training buddy...

No comments:

Post a Comment